This program ensures food establishments regulated by the Department of Health are designed, built, equipped and operated in a safe and sanitary manner.
It should be noted that public restaurants in Miami-Dade County are under the authority of the Department of Business and Professional Regulation. Grocery stores and convenience stores in Miami-Dade County are under the authority of the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
General information on the Florida Department of Health Food Hygiene Program
The Miami-Dade County Health Department’s jurisdiction includes food service operations located in the following types of establishments:
- Schools (public and private)
- Residential facilities
- Assisted living facilities
- Correctional facilities
- Civic and fraternal organizations
- Theaters (that limit their menu to drinks, candy, popcorn, hotdogs and nachos)
- Bars and lounges that do not serve food
Connect with DOH