Information for Health Care Providers
In order to ensure the effective diagnosis, treatment, and management of Tuberculosis (TB), the Miami-Dade County Health Department (MDCHD) TB Prevention and Control Program collaborates with clinicians and county health departments throughout Florida. These partners work together to guarantee that individuals needing TB screening or evaluation receive all necessary services and that patients with latent TB infections or active TB disease receive adequate, complete treatment.
The MDCHD TB Program offers the following services:
- Tuberculin Skin Tests (TSTs) and Chest X-rays including clearance letters for employees with positive TSTs
- Disease surveillance
- TB case management; which includes patient education, directly observed therapy (DOT), TB medications, incentives and enablers to facilitate adherence to treatment
- TB contact investigations
- Education materials for providers and patients
- Public health laboratory services
- CDC Guidelines for treatment of Tuberculosis. June 20, 2003 MMWR
- Florida Department of Health Targeted Testing & Treatment of Latent TB Infection. Download LTBI information card.
- Additional CDC treatment guidelines.
- CDC Resource: Managing Drug Interactions in the Treatment of HIV-Related Tuberculosis