Swimming Pools and Bathing Places
The Miami-Dade County Health Department conducts yearly routine inspections of more than 3300 public and commercial pools and public bathing places in Miami-Dade County. Pool Operator certification classes are provided to commercial, pubic and private pool operators. This certification is mandatory by Miami-Dade County ordinance and state regulations. The program staff also investigates safety and health complaints, and issues operating permits for aquatic facilities.
Articles, Releases & Reports:
- Study suggests swimmers at sub-tropical beaches show increased risk of illness
- Swimmers at sub-tropical beaches face increased risk of illness
- Drowning Doesn’t Look Like Drowning
- Free Pool Testing Kit
- Pool Maintenance Log Sheet
- CDC Healthy and Safe Swimming Week: Response Tools for Public Health Professionals
For more information about pools and the program, please visit the State of Florida website.