Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan
Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan (CEMP) Electronic Submission
Who must submit a CEMP to DOH?
The Florida Department of Health is responsible for annually reviewing and approving the comprehensive emergency management plans (CEMP) for the following licensed agencies:
- Home Health Agencies
- Home Medical Equipment Providers
- Nurse Registries
- Hospice Agencies
What is required in a CEMP?
Agencies are required by the Agency for Health Care Administration (ACHA) to have a CEMP that includes:
- Risk Assessment and Planning
- Policies and Procedures
- Communication Plan
- Training and Testing
In addition, the CEMP must include how services will continue to be provided to clients who must evacuate their homes during an emergency. This will ensure that residents who need assistance during evacuations, rely on agency provided services, or are assigned to the Special Needs Shelter receive continued care without interruption throughout an emergency.
For more information and plan templates, please visit the AHCA website.
What does my agency need to do
- Annually review and update your agency’s CEMP with current information, CEMP must reflect current review year. Download a CEMP template for your agency
- Update all agreements (e.g. MOU and/or MOA) with current signatures and dates.
- Submit your agency’s completed plan and additional attachments online via the CEMP Electronic Submission Form.
- For providers unable to make an electronic submission, CEMPs can be mailed to:
ATTN: CEMP Reviewer
Florida Department of Health
Bureau of Preparedness & Response
4052 Bald Cypress Way Bin A-23
Tallahassee, FL 32399
For questions, please contact DOHCEMPReview@flhealth.gov