Census Day 2020
|April 01, 2020|
Every 10 years, the U.S. Census Bureau conducts a nationwide count to determine the number of people living in the United States, and everyone in your household should be included. The Census provides the basis for reapportioning Congressional seats and distributing billions of dollars in federal funding for schools, hospitals, roads, public works and other vital programs.
Starting in March, you will get an invitation to respond in the mail.
- March 12-20 – An invitation to respond online to the 2020 Census. This will be a postcard delivered by U.S. mail and will contain a unique identifier code.
- March 16-24 – A reminder letter will arrive via U.S. mail (if you haven’t responded yet).
- March 26-April 3 – A reminder postcard will arrive via U.S. mail.
- April 1 – CENSUS DAY
- April 8-16 – A reminder letter and paper questionnaire.
- April 20-27 – A FINAL reminder postcard will arrive via U.S. mail, before the U.S. Census Bureau begins to follow-up in person.
* It doesn’t matter which initial invitation you receive, the U.S. Census Bureau will follow-up in person with any households that don’t respond.
Taking the census is safe and easy. Your data is confidential and protected by federal law. Your answers can only be used to produce statistics. By law, your information cannot be shared with immigration enforcement agencies, law enforcement agencies, or be used to determine your eligibility for government benefits. The Census Bureau protects information that identifies respondents or their households for 72 years. The questionnaire contains a few simple questions and only takes a few minutes to complete.
Get informed and be ready. Our County is counting on you.
For more information, visit Miami-Dade County's Census site.
Event Starts: 12:00 AM
Event Ends: 11:59 PM