You may apply for Certifications of birth in person at any of our locations. If you choose to mail in your application, please address it to the Central Dade office (see address below). Telephone requests are accepted at 1-866-830-1906. You may also apply on the internet at www.miamivitalrecords.com.
The first step is to determine your eligibility (relationship) to receive a birth certificate. You must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Be the child named on the certificate AND over 18 years old, OR
2. Be the parent, guardian or legal representative of the person named on the certificate.
All applications must include the following:
- The applicant’s PICTURE ID (such as a valid driver’s license (front and back), state identification card, passport or military identification card). A photocopy of your PICTURE ID is required for mail-in applications
- The applicant’s relationship to the person (registrant) named on the certificate
- The Registrant’s full name at birth, date and place of birth, mother's maiden name, and fathers name
- The applicant’s full name, address and telephone number(s)
- Please note the applicant’s signature (parent’s, legal guardian’s or legal representative’s signature if the person named on the birth certificate is under 18) IS REQUIRED
The fee for each certified copy of a Florida birth record is $20.00. When purchased at the same time, additional copies of the identical birth record are $16.00 each.
For Walk-In applications, fees are payable either in cash, by money order or cashier’s check, Visa or Mastercard, and Discover. For Mailed-In applications, fees are payable by money order, cashier’s check, and Visa or Mastercard. (Please do not send cash by mail). Money Orders/Cashier’s checks should be made payable to Vital Records Unit.
For your convenience, you can process online requests through an independent company that we have partnered with to provide you this service; VitalChek Network, Inc. VitalChek can be reached either through its website, www.vitalcheck.com, or by phone at 1-866-830-1906. An additional fee is charged by VitalChek for using this service, and all major credit cards are accepted, including American Express®, Discover®, MasterCard® or Visa®.”
-Protective Certificate Sleeves: $3.00
-Expedited Mail/Phone/Internet Service (3 days or less processing time): $10.00 (Does not include Express Delivery)**
-Express Delivery: Price Varies (Does not include Expedited Service)**
**Please note, Expedited Service and Express Delivery are separate options.Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our three vital records locations areclosed for walk-in clients until further notice.
The following methods are available to obtain birth and death records:
- Mail Order
For any additional information, please call 305-575-5030
The following form can be downloaded in Adobe PDF format. If you do not have an Adobe PDF Reader, you can download the appropriate version at the Adobe Web Site or contact The Office of Vital Records at 305-575-5030 and request a Birth Certificate Application Request Form.
Download a Birth Certificate Application Request Form