- Our Guiding Principles
- Message from the Administrator
- Our Culture
- Complete our Survey
- Organizational Profile
- Community Health Assessment
- Community Health Improvement Plan
- Strategic Plan 2015-2018
- Strategic Priorities
- Organizational Chart
- Public Health Nursing
- Legal Services
- Contract Management Division
- Florida Sterling Council
- Inactive Stuff
The Florida Department of Health in Miami Dade (DOH-Miami-Dade) provides opportunities for students to expand their knowledge and practice related to public health through internships. In order for a student to participate in an internship their university/school must have an agreement with the DOH-Miami-Dade.
Universities/Schools with agreements with the DOH-Miami-Dade
- Barry University
- Florida Atlantic University (FAU)
- Florida International Universty (FIU)
- Florida State University
- Grand Canyon University
- Miami Cerebral Palsy Residential Services, Inc.
- Miami-Dade College (Medical Campus)
- Nova Southeastern University (NSU)
- Senior Health-Treasure Isle, LLC
- Tennessee State University
- UM School of Nursing & Health Studies
- University of Cincinnati
- University of Southern California (USC)
- West Coast University
The following internship programs are example placement options: Preventive Services, Family Planning, Epidemiology, WIC and Nutrition, Community Health and Planning, Emergency Preparedness, Environmental Health, Community Events, STD/HIV Prevention and Control Program and many more.
We handle requests for internships on a case-by-case basis, subject to availability. Health Clinic internships, especially, reach capacity months before the desired intern start date. To get started, you must complete the Internship Application Form.
You must submit your application materials by:
- Spring Semester: November 1st
- Summer Semester: March 1st
- Fall Semester: July 1st
Submit the completed application, syllabus, and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once placement is confirmed, the Intern Coordinator will contact you. You must pass background screening, and attend orientation to be an intern with DOH-Miami-Dade County.
If you are interested in a student internship at the Florida Department of Health in Miami Dade County, or if you are an instructor with questions on placement availability on behalf of your student, please send an email to email@example.com